Saturday 21 November 2015

Flower garden tea cosy

I made another tea-cosy, this one for a friend who's a gardener.  Most of these colours are Aran-weight left-overs, perfect for creating a colourful bunch of flowers.

P1110493

Tea cosy body, flowers and leaves are from two of Loani Prior's fabulous books - How Tea Cosies Changed The World and Really Wild Tea Cosies.

P1110507

Felt bobbles finish off the bottom edge nicely (I didn't make these though).

P1110511

Flowers made from a mixture of Noro scraps and Aran wool from Commodum in Ireland.  Felt balls in the middle finish them off nicely!

P1110499

This is the third of Loani Prior's teacosies I've knitted, but the first I've blogged.  The first was this mad creation, made with A LOT of Noro wool - I absolutely love this one and it's always a talking point when people pop in for a cuppa!

P1010205

The second (also not blogged) was 'Devilish', which I made for a small white teapot.  So funny this one.

P1010736

I've got another of Loani's teacosies lined up to knit for a Christmas present, which will be number four.  I'm off to make a cup of tea!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...