Sunday 19 March 2017

Socks Yeah! (but not about socks)

This beautiful yarn is called Socks Yeah!  It's from Coop Knits.

IMG_0969

I just spent out on eight skeins of this loveliness, which I've been promising myself since November, when I went to the Knitting & Stitching Show in Harrogate.  There, I bought Jane Crow's crochet pattern Mystic Lanterns.

IMG_0981

I couldn't resist the colours in this scarf, and I already knitted socks with Socks Yeah!  Each mystic lantern is formed with treble crochets, edged with double crochets - a very clever pattern that looks more difficult than it is.

IMG_0967

One more picture for now of the start of a mystic lantern - I'll update soon with some finished lanterns!  I'm planning to make a loop (or infinity) scarf, rather than the trad long version.

IMG_0985

Also, spring is here and I found these pretty blue squills about to burst into flower in the garden!

P1150888a

Vicky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...