Wednesday 5 July 2017

Voile scarf

This is a quick one - I finally got back to sewing.  Seasalt (nice clothes) now sell some of their prints as yardage, on voile!  Good news if you like their prints, which I do.  I wish Boden would do this too.

IMG_1147

So a while ago I bought a big chunk, intending to make some tops for me and Kitty, but that hasn't happened yet.  This fabric is silky and soft, and probably as light as Liberty lawn.

IMG_1142

When I saw some giant turquoise pom-pom trim in Boyes, I could tell it would go very very well with this print - it was crying out to be a scarf!

IMG_1143

I have plenty of fabric, so I cut a strip off (40cm long, full width), hemmed it and put on the trim, job done!  Two metres of bobbles was enough to do both short ends and one long side.  There should still be enough left to make a Sorbetto top for Kitty (free pattern from Colette!), and possibly one for me.

IMG_1153

I know what I'll be wearing all summer now!
Vicky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...